Friday, August 19, 2011

Google Plus's "Nymwars"

I'm not on Google Plus, for reasons that should be quickly obvious: I use a pseudonym here, I'm very open about using a pseudonym here, and I have no interest in having my blog suspended or worse because of how Google wants to manage their new social networking thing.

But what I'm reading about these "nymwars" is very alarming, because I'm suspecting more and more that it's going to affect Blogger. If it does, then I'll just change the pseudonym to "Demosthenes Jones" or "Demosthenes Smith" or something of the like. I shouldn't have to, though. Pseudonymity is vital.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:40 PM

    I just joined Google Plus and I used a fake name to register (actually the pen name I've published my stories under). It's not like they ask for a copy of your birth certificate to prove that's your official "real" name.

    I can send you an invite, if you want. e-mail: bonniewarford@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete